Sunday, March 31, 2013

Resoures to be familiar with


Hopefully everyone had a great break and didn’t have to much trouble getting back into the swing of school.  I know that I had a busy week last week with it being last week to drop, so I was glad when Friday came around.
This week’s learning session was taught by Megan and Jessica.  It was all about campus resources and how you can refer these resources to your students.  Let’s start off with the Hixson intro which was “If you could be famous for one thing, what would it be?”  This was clever and very different.
Having the class brainstorm all of the resources we either know of or have used was a good way of getting everyone involved.  It brought up some resources that some of us hadn’t used or may have never heard of like McFarland Clinic First Nurse.
I think the whole class can agree that the best part about your learning session was the Jeopardy game even though we didn’t make it all the way through the game.  It was very obvious that you put a lot of work into the slides and it was a fun yet informative activity.  For instance, a large portion of us had no idea about the biofeedback program at the student services center.
Overall, I think that the two of you did a great job.
The handout that Chelsee gave us at the end of class looks like it will be a good resource for us as peer mentors to help us suggest resources to our students in the fall.
Finally, I want to comment on the little flyer that Debra gave us about our MBTI.  I thought that most of the nouns on mine seemed pretty darn accurate of my personality.  Some of them are even words that were on mine I have even used to describe myself before we even covered MBTI.

1 comment:

  1. My flyer was also crazily close to my personality. Almost to the point of being a little freaky.

    ReplyDelete